Teamspeak is one of the communication media voice uses Internet Protocol to connect users on a network.
If you’re a Teamspeak user, it’s good to know how to create a Teamspeak 3 server that you can deploy. Let’s check out the steps from Jagoan Hosting below!
What is Teamspeak?
Before you know it Chow to create a teamspeak 3 server do you understand specifically what teamspeak is? In short, Teamspeak is a program that focuses on providing a medium for Internet users to communicate by voice between one person and another at the same time.
The application of teamspeak is usually used by par player who plays online, especially for e-sports activists, my friend! Of course, large-scale communication will really need a capable audio media to work smoothly, and Teamspeak is one of the best options.
So why is such a program so necessary in gaming activities? games on the internet, so many people want to find out how to create a Teamspeak 3 server? The reason is simple, it is because while playing gamesplayers will definitely focus more on determining the best strategy and moves against enemies, especially when playing together as a team.
Of course if you coordinate using text messages it will be very distracting and later it will break the concentration of the players just because they want to communicate while playing games. With media distribution like Teamspeak, players can talk freely while playing and focus on the game being played.
Advantages and disadvantages of Teamspeak
Although many people want to know how to create a server in Teamspeak 3, of course, in addition to a thorough understanding of its functions, this program has certain advantages and disadvantages, so you can consider it before using it.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of Teamspeak!
1. Disadvantages of Teamspeak
- One of the reasons people are forced to understand how to create a Teamspeak 3 server is because if you don’t, you will have to pay the program provider for bandwidth services when you host the communication later.
- For example, if you’re happy with the many and varied features of text chat, Teamspeak is obviously not the program for you. The look of Teamspeak’s text chat feature is very simple as it only emphasizes audio features.
2. Advantages of Teamspeak
- Bandwidth’s role in Teamspeak doesn’t seem to affect the quality of the program itself when used. So you don’t have to worry about lag when interacting via audio in Teamspeak, as the connection from Teamspeak is usually stable.
- The sound quality produced by Teamspeak is very clear and rarely stutters, so people involved in Teamspeak communication can hear the other person’s voice smoothly without any obstructions.
- For example, if you still need chat media via text, Teamspeak provides a feature in the form of overlays. So later, when you talk through audio, you can also text the other person to convey the information you want to give.
Teamspeak vs Discord
If you think that Teamspeak is the only program provided on the internet to communicate through audio, then you are wrong my friend. Because these days, Teamspeak is often pitted against another VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) program, namely Discord.
Discord is the same communication medium as Teamspeak and its users are dominated by fans player. The very purpose of creating Discord is to be able to create a community online. But what’s the difference between Teamspeak and Discord mate?
One of the most obvious differences between Teamspeak and Discord is the availability of bots. While bots can help you activate some features on Discord, you won’t find them in Teamspeak.
The server used in Teamspeak is paid, because if you don’t know how to create a Teamspeak 3 server, you have to connect to the provided server, while you can have Discord for free.
The features that Discord offers are also more diverse, such as sending pictures, videos or communicating through video calls. While the features in Teamspeak are more limited and seem simple.
2. Bandwidth Application
One of the disadvantages of Discord is that the connection is often unstable and is affected by the quality of the bandwidth.
This is actually the advantage of Teamspeak because it doesn’t rely so much on bandwidth to keep the communication quality smooth and of course it saves internet usage because it’s much lighter than Discord.
3. Use of the room
Room usage on Discord uses multiple modes privatewhile in Teamspeak it’s much easier to access a room because it’s public (public).
How to use Teamspeak
If you don’t know how to create a server in Teamspeak 3, make sure you understand how to use it first so that later when you want to create a Teamspeak server, you can use it right away.
Here’s how to use it.
- Visit the teamspeak website and if you are a user operating system (OS) Windows, then just select “free download“. If you are using a non-Windows operating system, you can still download it, but be sure to select the “more downloads“First of all, yes!
- Did you download successfully? Good! Time to do establish in the wizard and all you have to do is create an account by adding an email and password.
- Make some settings in server which you will use later, e.g. microphone activation, name serveroverlay and increase or decrease the volume.
- Run server team speech according to your needs.
How to create a Teamspeak 3 server
If you like to use Teamspeak as a medium to chat with other people via voice, you have to pay to use it server templates provided by Teamspeak, how about creating your own?
Now! Here are some ways to create a Teamspeak 3 server that you can use on two operating systems namely Windows and CentOS. Wondering how to create a server in Teamspeak 3? Try the simple steps below!
- How to create a teamspeak 3 server on windows
- Visit the teamspeak website to start downloading the client and server software. To make it easier, you can access it here https://www.teamspeak.com/en/downloads/
- There are two bit options, 32 and 64 bit size. Adjust it according to the capacity of your computer or laptop, my friend!
- Install the client and then do this extract files on the Teamspeak 3 server and then select OK.
- Later you get a server admin token and you can copy and paste it into a special table that acts as authentication.
- Happy! You already have your own connection and you are already connected to the Internet.
- How to create a teamspeak 3 server on CentOS
- First, disable SELinux on the CentOS server by changing nano /etc/selinux/config is happening SELINUX=disabled.
- After the deactivation process is done, it’s time to install a number of dependencies on the server by entering the command dnf install nano wget perl tar net-tools bzip2.
- Let’s start implementing how to create a server in Teamspeak 3 through CentOS. The trick is to activate the command adduser teamspeak -d /opt/teamspeak.
- To be more updated, download the latest version of Teamspeak 3 by entering the command wget http://dl.4players.de/ts/releases/3.8.0/teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64-3.8.0.tar.bz2.
- Continue by entering the command tar xvf teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64-3.8.0.tar.bz2 when processing the data dump.
- Rename the license to the data you extracted by entering the command touch /opt/teamspeak/.ts3server_license_accepted.
- Still continuing, add the command chown -R teamspeak: /opt/teamspeak change directory ownership.
- Create a working file to enable systemd services to easily manage services within TeamSpeak. How to enter a command nano /lib/systemd/system/teamspeak.service.
- It’s a bit long but don’t forget to add this command line my friend!
Description=Server Team Speak 3
User = team talk
Group = team talk
ExecStart=/opt/teamspeak/ts3server_startscript.sh start inifile=ts3server.ini
Restart = always
- Reload the systemd daemon using the command systemctl – system daemon-reload.
- Activate your Teamspeak by entering the program command:
systemctl start teamspeak
systemctl enable team talk
That was an explanation of how to create a Teamspeak 3 server that you can try out. Follow each step as instructed my friend.
If you want to create a server, you can actually use a VPS (Virtual Private Server) such as Jagoan Hosting’s service, namely VPS X. VPS X is ready to support your needs when working on various projects, such as applications to Website.
Feel the freedom of driving server to support all your needs through a personal computer. The data you use can be stored securely online server with security provided. Jagoan Hosting VPS is also supported by reliable AMD and Intel processors that will speed up all your work processes. Try it now!