Scope of Work
Communications, Outreach, and Knowledge Management Specialist
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
DAI, an international consulting firm based in the United States, is currently accepting applications from candidates for a Communications, Outreach and Knowledge Management Specialist position in Jakarta to support the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan Project in Indonesia (APIK). APIK is supporting the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK helps to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
2. Objectives and Duties:
The Communications Outreach and Knowledge Management Specialist is responsible for organizing and producing documents on best practices and sharing lessons learned from successful climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction implementation models drawn from APIK implementation. The Communications Outreach and Knowledge Management Specialist will work with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, Deputy Chief of Party and Chief of Party to review and update the project communications, outreach, and knowledge management strategy and plan and ensure it is implemented effectively. The Communications Outreach and Knowledge Management specialist will be responsible for communication materials for a range of audiences including APIK stakeholders in Indonesia, the US Government and also local, regional and international media as appropriate. The Communications Outreach and Knowledge Management specialist will oversee the APIK website and social media platforms including Instagram, twitter and facebook to ensure information is regularly updated and presented in a compelling way.
The Communications, Outreach and Knowledge Management Specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
· Develop and update project communications materials, which also includes outreach and knowledge management materials and plan.
· Engage with local and national (and on occasion international) media and utilize social media tools to raise awareness about climate change impacts and adaptation strategies in each targeted area, as well as publicize product launch events and sites.
· Work with technical experts to document APIK best practices and methodologies, and share lessons learned with partners and other donor projects.
· Supporting APIK to produce and finalize pamphlets, brochures, videos, publicizing APIK’s achievements and project success stories as required by USAID
· Develop and disseminate communication materials on the successful integration of local and national strategies for climate and disaster resilience that are being employed by local governments, communities, and the private sector.
· Produce activity updates, newsletters, and performance reports, as needed.
· Produce compelling content on APIK project activities, including success stories and project results, to be posted on the APIK project website.
· Supporting M&E Manager for producing bi-weekly, quarterly, and annual reports as required
· Five years of experience in communications, outreach, public relations, and knowledge management.
· Experience working on donor-funded projects focused on the environment, climate change mitigation or adaptation, and disaster risk reduction and preparedness.
· Experience developing communications and outreach strategy, including leveraging social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Degree in communication, journalism or other relevant field.
· Strong English writing abilities.
Base of Operations:
· Jakarta, Indonesia
· The Communications, Outreach, and Knowledge Management Specialist will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 3 May 2019 5 p.m.
Applicants are instructed to write “COKM Specialist – NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified