Scope of Work
Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK) Project is a 5-year, $19 million USAID funded Project. The purpose of APIK is to support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders. APIK works in Jakarta, East Java, South East Sulawasi and Maluku.
APIK has reached its fourth year of a total of five years of project life. APIK works in improving community resilience related to hydrometeorology disasters and climate change adaptation. During program implementation, actually APIK has been able to produce some impacts for the community and the local government alongside it. However, some success stories in the program implementation cannot be recorded in the existing monitoring and evaluation system.
To strengthen the program’s monitoring and evaluation system while providing an overview of the impact of APIK, APIK requires consultants to map the most significant changes (MSC) impacting program beneficiaries. For this consultancy APIK will prioritize significant changes taking place in APIK pilot areas.
The consultant will work closely with the M & E team from APIK under the coordination of the APIK M & E Manager. The consultant will be responsible for collecting, compiling and forming a conclusion from the MSC stories obtained in four locations to identify the significant changes that have occurred. In addition, the consultant will also have to conduct capacity-building process (training) of APIK staff in implementing MSC.
Responsibilities of the consultants include, but are not be limited to, the following:
- Conducting MSC training to APIK staff.
- Working with technical teams to collecting and identifying success stories and lessons learn from the projects.
- Compiling stories for most significant changes in pilot areas
- Compiling the stories and produce a final MSC report.
- Conducting other tasks as required and which are consistent with the above.
- MSC Training report.
- MSC reportQualifications:
- Possess at least a university degree;
- At least 8 years of experience working on institutional and/or community-based program
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in community facilitation, training and organizing work
- Has conducted MSC on at least three occasions and is experienced in training others in how to do MSC.
- Able to work independently in limited supervision/facility as well as a team player with a range of people
- Ability to multi-task and flexibility to work on evenings and weekend on occasion and to travel as and when required within the APIK Project area
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Able to work in his/her designated areas
- Strong English speaking and writing abilities.
The Consultant will work in APIK area including travel to villages.
Reports directly to the M&E Manager
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com latest by 26 November 2018 5 p.m. Applicants are instructed to write “MSC CONSULTANT– NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Also available in English